Prof. MUDr. Libor Vítek PhD, MBA
Professor in Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague. Specialist in sports nutrition and nutrition for professional athletes, an expert in dietary supplements and doping in sports. Cooperating with the Czech Olympic Committee and taking care of the nutrition of some Czech Olympians.
Head of the Hepatological Laboratory of the Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Laboratory
Diagnostics at the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague. Doctor-specialist
at the 4th Internal Clinic of the General Faculty Hospital and First Faculty of Medicine in Prague.
Author or co-author of many interesting publications.
Member of the Committee of the Czech Hepatology Society since 2010, member of the Czech
Gastroenterology Society, member of the American Society Association for the Study of Liver
Diseases (AASLD), a member of the American Gastroenterology Association (AGA). Member Editorial
Board of Annals of Hepatology and Current Enzyme Inhibition.
- 1993 three-month clinical internship at Harvard Medical School, USA
- 1994 Diploma at the 1st Medical Faculty of Charles University in Prague
- 1996 - 2001 postgraduate studies in biochemistry at the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague
- 1995 graduation course "Clinical trials in Medicine"
- 1995 Postgraduate course "Advanced methods: DNA sequencing and microinjection" organized by FEBS biochemical company
- 1997 1st degree attestation in internal medicine
- 1998 Six-month working stay at the hepatology laboratory of the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- 2000 1st degree degree in clinical biochemistry
- 2005 - Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 2005 - Appointed Associate Professor in Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry at the 1st Medical Faculty of Charles University in Prague
- 2008 - Appointed Professor in Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry at the 1st Medical Faculty of Charles University in Prague