Global strategist, coach, mentor and author of bestseller book The Positive Leader. In his last job (2007-2014) he served as Chairman Europe, Microsoft Corporation. His personal mission is "Help people, organizations and countries to unlock human potential"
Jan Mühlfeit (born January 8, 1962) a manager, global strategist, coach and mentor from the
Czech republic. He spent almost 22 years working for Microsoft, the last 15 of which were in top
management . His last post before he left in 2014 was Chairman Europe of the Microsoft
Corporation, a position he held from 2007. He acts as an advisor to a number of governmental and
international organisations, such as AIESEC, the World Economic Forum, the European Commission,
and the OECD. And top olympians. He is the mental coach of Czech Olympic team.
Mühlfeit has received numerous awards, including:
- In recognition of his work, in 1994 Microsoft awarded him the prestigious "Presidential Award for Excellence".
- Thrice he has won the title "Czech Computer Science Personality of the Year", awarded at the Invex international trade fair – 1994, 1999, 2002.
- In the same year he was declared Personality of the Year by the Profit weekly journal.
- In 1996 he came top in a poll entitled Most Visible Personalities in Information Technology.
- "Czech Republic Best Manager in 1999", awarded by the Czech Prime Minister.
- "Czech Brain", awarded by the Czech Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- In 1999 he became a member of the international CRT association (Caux Round Table – the proposal to enrol him was filed by the administrative board of the Pangea Foundation at the request of the Caux Round Table secretariat in the Netherlands – Mühlfeit is the only representative of the Czech Republic in this organisation).
During his career he has also appeared as a guest on global talk shows on CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg,
Euronews, and has provided a series of interviews for prestigious media such as The New York
Times, The Washington Post, the Financial Times, and La Tribune.